International Adoption from Kazakhstan is rather popular among the American families. Kazakhstan is a former Soviet country, bordered by China, Russia and Mongolia with a population that is 95% Asian. Kazakhstan is now an independent democratic country. The adoption program is similar to Russia in many aspects, including process and costs.
Our staff at Adoption Avenues will be happy to assist you all the way through the process of international adoption from Kazakhstan.
The following are the required adoption procedure:
- - Dossiers for Kazakhstan adoption are translated and sent to the Kazakhstan Embassy for authentication. Then the Ministry of Foreign Affairs reviews the papers. After that the adoption package is sent to the Ministry of Education.
- - This process can take 3 to 6 months.
- - When Kazakhstan authorities approve the adoption documents, a family becomes eligible to receive a referral.
- - If the family decides to accept the referral made to them, they can travel to Kazakhstan within 4 to 6 weeks after receiving and accepting the referral.
- - Travel to Kazakhstan is required. The adoptive parents will spend 2 weeks with the child. At that time they will make the final decision about the adoption.
- - After these 2 weeks a court date will be appointed, and the adoption will be finalized. At that time all the remaining documents are issued, and the family returns to Almaty, the former capital of Kazakhstan, for the child's visa.